- BÓLYAI, János: MATHEMATICAL GEMS from the Bolyai Chest. János Bolyai’s Discoveries in Number Theory and Algebra as Recently Deciphered from His Manuscript by Elemér Kiss
- Translated by: Anikó Csirmaz and Gábor Oláh
- Publishing House: AKADÉMIAI Kiadó Rt.
- Year of Publication: 1999
- Number of Pages: 200
- Language: English
- Edited by Elemér Kiss
- The author attempted to disclose the number theoretical and algebraic aspects of the interesting and yet unpublished results that form the considerable manuscript heritage of János Bolyai. The first three chapters discuss the main stages of the life of János Bolyai, the fate and present state of Appendix and the manuscript heritage, as well as the question of the nature of mathematical sources Bolyai had at disposal. From a historical point of view, documents of the heritage complete and rectify the literature on Bolyai, both domestic and foreign. The author quotes precise data from a wide range of sources to justify his statements.
The following three chapters are the ones that convey most novel mathematical information: Number theoretic investigation of János Bolyai + Theory of prime numbers + Theory of algebraic equations.