- GERŐ, András-Pető, Iván: Unfinished Socialism
- Translated by: Eniko Koncz and James Patterson
- Publishing House: CEU Press
- Year of Publication: 1999
- Number of Pages: 250
- Language: English
- Pictures from the Kádár-Era
- This extraordinary book provides a snapshot of socialism throughout the Kádár regime in Hungary (1956-1989) and captures the reality of the world behind the ’iron curtain’ in a stunning, and often stark collection of photographs. Unfinished Socialism is a visually stunning anthropological study containing 450 photographs, many previously unpublished, which portray life in Hungary from every angle: from the May-day March to pop music and from the homeless to sport.